2010-05-04

The agony of revising

So I've been through round one of revising, checking only basic stuff, worst spelling, gramma and such and have now moved on to cutting, rewriting and editing.

Wow, it's hard work. It's taken me two whole days just to go through chapter 1 but now, I think I'm ready to let go of it and send it across the Atlantic to my good Canadian friend for her to read and to give me feedback and criticism + going over the worst gramma mistakes that I'm sure there will still be a lot of (grinning - gramma's never really been my thing)

I'm a little worried though about letting someone else read what I've written. What if it actually sucks? What if she hates it? Should I just have kept it locked away in my computer for my eyes only?

No!!! I should not think like that. But it's always those thoughts that run through me whenever I think about letting someone else read it. Tomorrow I will mail it to her though and hope for the best - hope that it doesn't suck too much! (We're going to do one chapter at a time)

I know I have a long way to go but I'm sure it'll be worth it. I hope it will...

That was it for now - I'll let you know what she thinks when she gets back to me!!

Hugs

Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment